1 provoking horror; "an atrocious automobile accident"; "a frightful crime of decapitation"; "an alarming, even horrifying, picture"; "war is beyond all words horrible"- Winston Churchill; "an ugly wound" [syn: atrocious, horrifying, horrible, ugly]
2 extreme in degree; "in a frightful hurry"; "spent a frightful amount of money"
3 extremely distressing; "fearful slum conditions"; "a frightful mistake"; "suffered terrible thirst" [syn: fearful, terrible]
- : Full of fright; affrighted; frightened. [Obs.]
- See how the frightful herds run from the wood. W. Browne.
- Full of that which causes fright; exciting alarm; impressing terror; shocking; as, a frightful chasm, or tempest; a frightful appearance.
- terrible; dreadful; alarming; fearful; terrific; awful; horrid; horrible; shocking. -- Frightful, Dreadful, Awful. These words all express fear. In frightful, it is a sudden emotion; in dreadful, it is deeper and more prolonged; in awful, the fear is mingled with the emotion of awe, which subdues us before the presence of some invisible power. An accident may be frightful; the approach of death is dreadful to most men; the convulsions of the earthquake are awful.
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes is an animated television series based on Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four comic book series and the first live-action movie. It airs on Cartoon Network. The series, which is the fourth to feature the Fantastic Four, combines two-dimensional art and three-dimensional computer animation produced by the France-based animation company Moonscoop. The show premiered as part of Toonami on September 2, 2006 and ran through October, only airing 7 of the season's 26 episodes. It returned to the network starting June 9, 2007, shortly before the release of the film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
It is distributed on USA by 20th Century Fox and outside USA by Warner Bros. Television Distribution.
DVDs for the show have been released in volumes; three volumes with four random episodes each has been released. A release collecting the entire first season on DVD is to be released in June.
- Michael Adamthwaite - Namor
- Stephanie Brillon - Jennifer Walters / She-Hulk
- Don Brown - Henry Peter Gyrich
- Trevor Devall - Diablo
- Michael Dobson - Ronan the Accuser, Mr. Bonner-Davis
- Paul Dobson - Mole Man
- Brian Drummond - Agent Pratt
- Laura Drummond - Courtney Bonner-Davis
- Andrew Kavadas - Dr. Bruce Banner
- Mark Gibbon - The Hulk
- Jonathan Holmes - The Wizard
- David Kaye - Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Terry Klassen - Impossible Man
- Scott McNeil - Annihilus
- Colin Murdock - Willie Lumpkin
- Peter New - Rupert the Geek
- John Novak - Supreme Intelligence
- Mark Oliver - Cmd. Kl'rt / Super-Skrull
- John Payne - Henry Pym / Ant-Man
- Alvin Sanders - Puppet Master
- Venus Terzo - Lucia von Bardas
Superheroes guest appearances
Villains guest appearances
- Mole Man (De-Mole-Ition, Molehatten, The Cure, Contest of Champions)
- Puppet Master (Puppet Master, Strings)
- Ronan the Accuser (Trial by Fire, My Neighbor was a Skrull, Revenge of the Skrulls, Contest of Champions)
- Annihilus (Annihilation, Contest of Champions)
- Super-Skrull (Revenge of the Skrulls, Contest of Champions)
- Lucia von Bardas (Bait and Switch, Doomsday Plus One)
- The Wizard (Frightful)
- Klaw (Frightful)
- Trapster (Frightful)
- Dragon Man (Frightful)
- Attuma (Atlantis Attacks)
- Diablo (Johnny Storm And The Potion Of Fire)
- The Grandmaster (Contest of Champions)
- Terminus (Scavenger Hunt)
- Marvel names Cartoon Network Exclusive U.S. Broadcast home for all-new Fantastic Four Animated Series
- Cast announcement
- Plots of the first episodes
- September 2006 conference call with Executive Producer Craig Kyle and Head Fantastic Four writer/Story Editor Chris Yost.
- Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes at Marvel.com
- Fantastic Four at YTV
frightful in Dutch: Fantastic Four (animatieserie 2006)
frightful in Polish: Fantastyczna Czwórka (serial animowany 2006)
frightful in Finnish: Ihmeneloset (vuoden 2006 animaatiosarja)
abhorrent, abominable, alarming, appalling, atrocious, awful, awing, chilling, daunting, deadly, deterrent, deterring, disagreeable, disconcerting, discouraging, disheartening, dismaying, disquieting, dreadful, fear-inspiring, fearful, fearsome, forbidding, formidable, foul, frightening, ghastly, grisly, gruesome, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrid, horrific, horrifying, howling, loathsome, lurid, macabre, nasty, nauseating, nauseous, offensive, overawing, repelling, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rousing, scaring, scary, shocking, startling, terrible, terrific, thumping, ugly, unspeakable, vile, whacking